CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums & venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join our Technology team in New York! In this role, you will be supporting & working with the broader Engineering team, specifically supporting our Airport & Travel team. As a Test Engineer you will navigate Clears codebase, identify weak spots & constantly design better & creative ways to break software & identify potential problems. Were looking for someone who is passionate about technology, has an intellectual curiosity, & thrives in a fast-paced & collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Plan, develop & execute of manual & automation testing of Electron based web & server-side applications
- Write UI automation tests using Typescript, leveraging Spectron testing framework
- You use your knowledge of testing & testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, privacy, & other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Work with the broader Engineering team to create test plans for existing & new functionalities
- Collaborate with members of product & engineering team to ensure all services are having a comprehensive automation testing coverage
- Be the Quality gatekeeper to ensure a high quality of releases
- Adhere to best practices for testing & designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- Experience using BDD/TDD tools like Cucumber or similar
- CI/CD experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar technology
- You are passionate about software testing & accelerating the pace of delivery
- You stay up-to-date with the latest & greatest in technology, & you naturally seek new ways of improving your work
- You truly care about how people interact with technology & you have a proven record of developing Testing solutions in a customer-centric environment
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where open communication is encouraged
- You are an entrepreneurial team player & know how to multi-task
- Excellent judgment & creative problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of web & APIs testing methodologies
- Experience with Spectron Testing Framework
- Hands-on experience testing systems or apps that have significant client-server communication
- Good knowledge of APIs test automation techniques
- Experience building mock & stub services to simulate server response
- Experience writing test cases & test plans based on new feature requirements.
- Experience with performance testing tools like jmeter, etc
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with multiple development teams
- Experience with biometrics technologies is a plus