WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone. The Blue Apron Communications team is responsible for shaping, elevating, & protecting the companys public reputation with priority stakeholders that include media, influencers, customers & the investment
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, & experienced Senior Manager to support Blue Aprons corporate & consumer communications. The candidate will work closely with all business functions to develop communications strategies that effectively reach & engage our key stakeholders through
various channels & platforms.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
We are looking for someone with a successful track record of designing & executing smart multi-stakeholder communications strategies. To succeed in this role, the candidate will need strong writing & presentation skills, a creative & results-driven mindset, & the ability to be highly effective in managing projects across numerous business functions. A strong media relations background as well as expertise in digital & social media is essential for this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Narrative development: Shape the Blue Apron external narrative to ensure it resonates well with our target audiences, evangelize it internally across teams & ensure that it remains consistent across all stakeholder touchpoints.
- Communications materials: Create overarching messaging for various company initiatives as well as corresponding materials such as press releases, Q&As & other documents.
- Storytelling: Identify creative ways to tell the Blue Apron story & amplify key milestones across a variety of channels & methods including earned media, social media, events, partnerships, & original content development.
- Media relations: Proactively develop, maintain, & strengthen media relationships with a diverse set of reporters & manage day-to-day media requests.
- Issues response: Support team with crisis / issues related communications, as necessary.
- Cross-functional collaboration & alignment: Work collaboratively with business functions across the company to design & execute consumer strategy.
- Social media: Partner with social media counterparts to ensure alignment of all consumer-facing messages for product launches, marketing campaigns, etc., in additionto helping build & manage a more robust corporate social media presence.
- 6-9 years of experience in public relations or corporate communications (agency or in-house).
- Bachelors degree with strong academic performance.
- Excellent writing, presentation & communications skills.
- Proven experience in creating & executing successful consumer-driven PR campaigns.
- Strong existing media & influencer network, including relationships with a diverse set of reporters at top business & consumer publications.
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity & thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Comfortable project managing multiple projects simultaneously, & can be relied upon to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate & timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage & mentor junior team members.