For the high-energy lead generation professional, the Sales Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our market-leading cloud adoption & management solution. Your proven track record of working strategically with both Marketing & Sales teams in a business development & lead generation capacity will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced, high-activity environment. Partnering closely with the marketing function you will be responsible for contacting prospective customers & for qualifying opportunities for the Okta solution. Working with our seasoned account executives you will research & build pipeline, & help determine our most effective marketing channels. At Okta we believe in promoting from within & with our current growth plans & the acceleration we're seeing in our business, strong performance in this role can lead to upward mobility within the Sales organization.
Our lead generation representatives are high-energy, self-motivated, agile & able to change hats on the fly. In this highly prized role, excellent phone & email skills & the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions & information in our CRM system. We're looking for professionals with strong organizational & follow up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience & a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you about this career-defining opportunity.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Efficiently respond & qualify inbound marketing leads
- Help create & prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research & build new & existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Evangelize Okta & the On-Demand mode
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities & closed business
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of 6-12 months of previous prospecting experience
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, driven & self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs & meet that need with a successful product sale
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.