Via is looking for an exceptionally smart & motivated non-lawyer to join its legal team as we look to rapidly grow our business domestically & internationally & prepare to launch new cities around the world. This is a unique opportunity for someone potentially interested in a legal career down the line to get hands-on exposure to all aspects of legal work at a fast-growing startup.
As Legal Operations Associate, you will be the second person joining our growing Legal Operations team, working closely with a small team of highly dedicated & dynamic lawyers who are graduates of the countrys top law schools & alums of elite law firms. You will be fully integrated into the legal team, & your experience will be much more substantive & varied than it likely would be as a paralegal at a large law firm.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare, review & mark up contracts, e.g. NDAs, SaaS licenses, vendor contracts, engagement letters, etc., & maintain the companys forms & guideline documents.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases & systems in order to pull & extract insights from data in making business decisions.
- Constantly help the legal team become more organized & efficient, through the implementation & management of ticketing systems, document management & filing systems, KPIs tracking, etc.
- Manage & maintain the companys contract database.
- Ensure & track compliance with GDPR & other data privacy laws through oversight of Data Protection Agreements with vendors.
- Provide administrative support & assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Implement the companys billing guidelines & coordinate with outside counsel.
- Meticulous & vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Willing to wear multiple hats & work on projects of all types, big & small.
- High-energy & enjoy working autonomously.
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Excited by start-up culture, workspace, & development.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgment, & the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational & communication skills & an eagerness to help others.
- 4-year degree from a top-tier university - this is a non-attorney role, though recent college graduates interested in attending law school in the future are encouraged to apply.
- 1-2 years professional work (or work-study) experience (preferably with startups) preferred but not required. An analytical mindset is necessary, although prior legal experience is not.
- Experience with analytical tools such as Tableau is a plus.
At Via, we're at the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale; smart transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. From New York to London, weve provided more than 50 million shared rides, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, & a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.