Gimlet Media/ A Spotify Company
Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Crimetown, Homecoming, & The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, & business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other & the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
Were looking for an experienced producer to join the team at Every Little Thing.
Do you get excited about exploring the tiny but important things in life? Are you the kind of person who would enjoy calling 75 TSA facilities in search of a missing snow globe? Would you relish talking to every gila monster researcher on the continent to find out more about a hockey team mascot? If this sounds like you, maybe you should join us.
In this role youll be involved at every stage in making ELT stories come to life -- from selecting listener questions, to booking guests, writing scripts & creating assemblies. The ideal candidate has a journalism background, experience identifying & booking the best guests, & an ear for a good story.
What Youll Do:
- Pitch stories
- Brainstorm new segment & episode ideas
- Find, pre-interview, & book guests
- Arrange for studio recordings & tape syncs
- Write scripts
- Cut tape, assemble mixes & score episodes
- Help grow & maintain the shows social media presence
- Help out with basic show tasks, including posting the episodes to our CMS
- Opportunity for on-air reporting
What You Bring:
- A minimum of four years of experience producing audio for radio or podcast
- A journalism background
- An ability to listen to raw tape, & identify the perfect details, the need-to-know plot points, & the need-to-hear moments that make a story
- Experience scripting 15-20 minute audio stories
- Proficiency in field recording
- Proficiency in creating assemblies in ProTools
- An eye for detail & self-direction
- A high tolerance for puns