Warby Parker in searching for a Head of Brand Design. In this key leadership position, youll lead a super-talented team that defines & drives the creative vision for the brand. Youll be a source of inspiration, design leadership, and, most importantly, a guiding light for the Brand Design teamboth as a creator & a leaderensuring beautiful, compelling brand assets & consistency across all employee & consumer touchpoints.
This role is responsible for driving the creative functions for Warby Parker within Brand Management. Youll lead the team that concepts & creates (all internally!) our creative assets, overseeing multiple cross-functional projectsfrom big picture ideation through executionwhile directly managing art direction & graphics, copy & content, visual, creative operations, production, & photo studio/video teams.
At Warby Parker, we maintain extremely high standards, & the mission for this role is to consistently elevate design at all levels, with the ultimate goal of creating unparalleled brand creative & experiences. We believe this is only achieved by creating strong partnerships across the Brand Management department, along with the Product Strategy, Ecommerce, Experience Design, & Store Design & Construction teams. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
What youll do:
- Champion industry-leading quality, innovation, consistency, & integrity in design
- Embody the value of design within the team & across the company
- Work collaboratively between cross-functional teams to execute on-brand creative solutions, continuously seeking opportunities for development & evolution of brand creative
- Build, manage, & mentor a productive & engaged team, setting department & individual goals, advocating for design excellence, providing ongoing performance management, & nurturing the companys creative culture
- Elevate all facets of brand design by directing a team (and helping along the way!) to create original storytelling through the use of 2D, 3D, video, copy, & digital design for benchmark consumer-facing brand experiences
- Lead the ideation & execution of 20+ collection campaigns (including collaborations), evergreen storytelling (e.g., contact lenses, eye exams, new store openings, proprietary Warby Parker technology), & multiple direct response TV commercials that drive our brand & business in uniquely Warby ways
- Provide creative, strategic, & tactical design direction for innovative consumer communications & experiences
- Oversee our internal creative operations, production, & photo studio (people, process, planning, resources)
- Be a champion not only of great design but of Warby Parker itself
- Own Brand Design budgets (planning & actualizing)
- Foster a culture & an environment that is conducive to creative development
Who you are:
- Backed by 15+ years of experience in design, with at least five years of managing a high-output, integrated creative team, with a demonstrated ability to lead, elevate, & inspire brand creative excellence
- Passionate & knowledgeable about all aspects of creative/design, brand-building, & the Warby Parker brand
- Equipped with a masterful understanding & depth of experience in photo & video art direction, graphic design, digital, print/packaging, & visual (extra credit for expertise in creating branded direct response TV commercials)
- A proactive problem solver & thought leader who continuously seeks out opportunities to better visual communication, design, creative, & processes
- Flexible & adaptable, with strong interpersonal skillscomfortable holding a design vision while remaining collaborative & open to new ideas
- Excellent creative, conceptual, & critical thinking abilities
- Strong fashion, photography, typographic design experience
- Subscribes to a player/coach approach to leadership
- Strategic, big picture thinker who is also able to pay extreme attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal, problem-solving, & organizational skills with a proven ability to lead, influence, inspire, & motivate others
- Culturally connected, innovative, & creatively curious
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, & producing engaging content & campaigns
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize & shift focus with ease & flexibility
- Expertise in providing clear creative direction & timely/helpful feedback to improve creative alignment & processes to keep work on budget & schedule
- Strong team builder, mentor, & leader of diverse creative talent
- Capable of handling numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign); keen understanding of graphic/web design principles & current web technologies, (extra credit: expertise with Jira project management tool)
- Must have a strong portfolio that exemplifies a broad range of concept development & execution for photo art direction, video, digital, print, & experiential
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire & impact the world with vision, purpose, & style.
Were constantly asking ourselves how we can do more & make a greater impactand that starts by reimagining everything that a company & industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, & do good in the worldwithout charging a premium for it. And weve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, & innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, weve pioneered ideas, designed products, & developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses & contacts to eye exams & vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, & achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings & events, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up & sharing ideas arent responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community & belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors & equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, & share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what were all about, & our annual Impact Report & Racial Equity Strategy lay out how were sticking to these values.