As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Middleware Engineering & Operations team is part of Technology Operations & Infrastructure organization & is responsible for building & maintaining Middleware & Integration infrastructure that supports communication between multiple enterpriseapplications & multiple business units.
This role will be responsible for design, development, configuration, problem analysis, deployment, & continuous operational improvement of middleware technologies used at Visa.
The responsibility includes working with Global systems, Global Operations, Cybersource & external Integration partners in implementing solutions via current or proposed middleware technologies, including but not limited to Application Servers (Tomcat), Web Servers (NGINX, Apache HTTP Server), In-memory Data Grid Platforms (Hazelcast, RedHat Data Grid). Understanding of Docker containers andKafka will be a plus. He or she must be able to collaborate with others to manage & rationalize incoming requirements in order to implement appropriate solutions
- 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Experience with Application servers like Tomcat, messaging solution (message broker, MQ, Kafka)
- Knowledge ofIMDG platforms, Hazelcast and/or RedHat Data Grid, JAVA
- Experience on various web servers like Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, OHS, IBM HIS etc.
- Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, bash)
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues & problem solving.
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills
- Excellent Windows/UNIX/Linux skills
- Scripting toolset experience & understanding
- This position will also be required to help coordinate the activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design & deployment
- Excellent process orientation & a solid understanding of software development & testing techniques, methodologies & best practices are the primary requisite for this position
- Automation & scripting experience preferred
- Excellent technical analytical & troubleshooting skills, & possess an ability to explain technical concepts & provide guidance to junior staff
- Must have experience in system monitoring techniques & tools supporting unattended operations
- Ability to provide level 2support & guide level 1administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding & perform operational acceptance/turnover activities.
- Experience with maintaining highly available & highly secure systems
- Strong process orientation & a solid understanding of software development & testing techniques, methodologies & best practices are the primary requisite for this position
- Individual should be extremely self-motivated with the ability to work independently, coordinating activities within cross-regional & cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation,with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational & problem solving skills
- ITIL certification preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Denver, CO OR Foster City, CA
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.