Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Compass Data Platform Team, you will use your experience with modern cloud & data frameworks to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer & seller experience at Compass. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates billions of real estate listings & other data points, develop an industry-leading consumer experience for searching & selecting real estate, support the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web & mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the worlds most scalable brokerage.
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, & Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services & RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, & data ingestion
- In-depth understanding & hands on experience with relational databases & SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Experience with a real-time data streaming on Kafka or Kinesis
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- Strong business communication skills
- High attention to detail & quality
- Experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!