R&D Lab Lead Technician (Lab Associate II)
The Peloton R&D Lab is looking for a detail oriented technician to help bring ideas to life. This role collaborates with our Prototype Shop, Mechanical Engineering & Industrial Design teams to prototype the future of fitness by turning new product development ideas into tangible models & mechanisms. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is a hands-on problem solver with model making experience & a desire to learn what you dont already know. All applicants should be able to read technical drawings, work independently, manage multiple requests & think quickly.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the R&D Lab.
- Manage a range of 3D printers: internal order processing, printer maintenance & supply management.
- Maintain shop equipment including scheduled maintenance & break-downs.
- Order materials & supplies to stock the Lab & support new projects.
- Referring work requests to the order management system.
- Schedule & execute R&D related shipping & receiving.
- Maintain a hand tool library through recovery & replacement.
- Organize & expand a comprehensive library of tools, materials & hardware.
- Conduct safety training sessions & manage R&D Work Authorizations
- Assist in-house prototyping efforts.
- Field multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Communicate technical information through various media including: clear & concise language, drawing, digital Images, short & professional email.
- Demonstrate an ability to master new problems thoroughly & quickly.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a shop environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Design, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills & good work habits.
- Experience in model making technique (analog & digital).
- Good command of 3d modeling technique & 3d printing best practices.
- Familiarity with industrial fabrication processes: machining, sheet metal, casting, thermoforming, etc
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software preferred
- Fluency with FDM & SLA printers.
- Experience setting up & maintaining a laser cutting system is a plus.