About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As Associate Manager / Manager, Contracts, you will have an immediate impact on key aspects of Rent the Runways innovative business. You will be an integral part of the Legal department focusing on maintaining Rent the Runways contract management system, keeping track of contractual obligations, formulating contract policies & procedures, & assisting with the procurement process. You will also work cross-functionally with other business & product teams across the company on a regular basis. This role reports to the Senior Corporate Counsel. If you like challenging old systems & want to create the future of fashion retail, then we want to hear from you.
- Work with lawyers in the Legal department throughout the process of reviewing, drafting & managing commercial agreements, purchase orders, statements of work & other binding documents.
- Work cross functionally between Legal & Finance departments relating to corporate governance & administration.
- Create scalable processes & contracts management system for triaging a high volume of disparate legal issues from all areas of the business.
- Assist with managing the procurement process across the company.
- Advise internal teams on legal obligations, approval processes & company policies & procedures.
- Day-to-day management of Rent the Runways IP portfolio including IP protection matters & patent & trademark prosecution.
- General administrative tasks that may include organizing clearance, contract & general department files.
- Prepare reports, perform research, & assist with any pre-litigation or litigation matters as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years (Associate Manager) / 4-6 years (Manager) of relevant work experience as a Contracts Manager, Paralegal or Legal Assistant, prior experience working with startups preferred.
- Possess a strong desire to learn the business & function as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to interpret legal documents & work with attorneys to complete agreements.
- Experience summarizing legal contracts for business departments.
- Proactive attitude & ability to independently push forward assignments to completion.
- Impeccable organizational skills, excellent time management & strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well both independently & with other team members & other internal departments.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the United States & to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.