The Director of People Operations is a critical part of the People Team at Conductor. You are the heartbeat of the operations across all our people processes & functions. You see opportunities in any challenge, & you bring a history of proven, best-in-class programs & initiatives to drive results.
You will be responsible for overseeing & executing all the functions related to HR including workforce planning, organizational development, & policies & procedures. You should have a passion for growing teams & setting up standards for the department. You are a people first leader that is excellent at building relationships with partners & various teams as the position is highly collaborative with all departments & founders.
At Conductor we have 7 core competencies & 2 leadership competencies that are the bedrock of our processes, principles, & values. As the Sr Manager/Director, you will use the competencies as the philosophy behind how we achieve our People Team goals.
Here are the Core Competencies:
- Adapts with Resilience
- Creates Meaningful Connections
- Delivers Against Goals
- Makes Good Decisions
- Embraces Growth
- Demonstrates Subject Matter Expertise
- Builds Trust
And the two Leadership Competencies:
- Leads with Excellence
- Builds Strong Teams
As a key member of the leadership team here are some of the ways you will be contributing to our continued success:
- Serve as the People Operations Functional Lead & manage the day to day operations of the HR department including but not limited to payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, & people analytics
- Promote HR initiatives & programs that align with Conductors goals & values
- Build a metrics-driven department & lead the development of all People Ops reporting & analytics to support effective decision making
- Design & implement an innovative onboarding process
- Ensure enrollment & compliance with federal & state programs, & counsel employees applying for benefits under these programs
- Oversee & ensure global programs are comprehensive, competitive, & align with business goals
- Partnering with department heads, ensure organizational structure supports business needs & scale
- Partner with key stakeholders on the finance & people teams including the Manager, People Ops & the Manager, People Finance for payroll & tax compliance & reporting
- Communicate frequently with departmental & executive stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our workforce
We would love to hear from you if you have the following skills & experience:
- Able to own & drive analysis of data to identify relationships, trends, & potential business impact; interpret data & articulate opportunities for change initiatives to the Executive team.
- Implement & maintain process improvements that will enhance the employee experience with people services
- Strong leadership, communication, & rapport building skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft & Google Suite (docs/spreadsheets/slides)
- Strong time & project management skills
- Attention to detail is your super-power
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Generalist role; accreditation in HRCI or SHRM are great
- Skilled in various HRIS & HR software including ADP Workforce Now