Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be the Store Supervisor. You will help oversee day-to-day operations of the store alongside the Store Manager & Associate Manager. As part of the leadership team, you will lead by example on the sales floor & ensure smooth store operations. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer centric & consultative sales culture.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Caspers Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, & announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country & in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
Nuts & Bolts:
This is an hourly role based in our retail store. You must be available to work at minimum 3 days a week with weekend availability.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do:
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the Store Manager/Associate Store Manager, including store opening/closing, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Help lead & advise associate team on sales floor with goal driven approach.
- Lead by example & contribute to a culture of ownership, continuous improvement, & goal achievement.
- Maintain training standards on the sales floor; ensure the team has both product & systems expertise.
- Help find ways to improve store operations & to improve overall customer experience.
- Ensure that the product & promotion schedule is in line with casper.com & help implement any initiatives from Casper HQ.
- Oversee inventory management. Inform all associates of product levels & shortages & assist leadership team in cycle counts & replenishment process.
- Help Casper reinvent retail by creating unique, optimal retail experiences.
Our dream candidate is...
- 1-2 years experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry, with at least 3+ years in a customer-facing role
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast paced environments
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Outstanding communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- Naturally curious & a solves problems with grace & optimism.
- Financial management experience preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 50lb
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills & a potential bonus for some splurging
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!