Position: Technical Project Manager, CoinDesk Indexes
Location: Connecticut, Remote
Reports to: Managing Director of CoinDesk Indexes
TradeBlock is a wholly owned subsidiary of CoinDesk, servicing financial firms with crypto currency trading technology, institutional-grade market data, as well as blockchain data & analytics. We are a technology company focused on building the future of finance by developing robust data infrastructure for blockchain networks & crypto markets.
We are looking for candidates excited to shape this future by contributing to the crypto & blockchain industries through an industry-leading firm. This full-time role offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, flexible time-off & a rewarding work environment rooted in The CoinDesk way.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for leading a team of professionals across departments in
completing index launches by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. Over the course of an index
launch, the Project Manager will need to communicate with product managers, engineers (developers
and technology), index managers, index research analysts, marketing, communications & sales to
make decisions & monitor the progress of the index launches to keep them on schedule. Their duties
may include budgeting for different aspects of index launches & advocating for additional resources
when necessary, including selecting additional team members from various departments & setting or
adjusting schedules to adhere to deadlines.
- Create long- & short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones & adhering to
- Work closely with business stakeholders & software engineers to ensure that business
requirements are translated to technology requirements.
- Drive the planning, coordination, manage) of financial product development projects from
design through successful deployment.
- Serve as the key liaison between leadership, engineers, & the client-facing team
- Act as a central point of contact for teams to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Help smooth any friction points throughout the company
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress
- Organize work & focus the team on what needs to be accomplished
- Connect granular tasks to longer-term strategic objectives
- Delegate tasks to employees best positioned to complete them
- Perform quality control throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjust schedules & targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics and/or in a technical discipline.
- At least four years of relevant experience
- Experience with project-management frameworks in a financial product development
- Proficient understanding of financial indexes & derivative markets, & their application in
- Ability to collaborate product, engineering & business teams in order to launch & support
the companys indexes.
- Flexibility & the willingness to adapt to meet the needs of the team.
- Someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced & ever-evolving environment.
- An entrepreneur, always looking to improve processes.
- MBA with concentrations in finance and/or operations. Technology focused.
- Knowledge of the crypto currency market
- Experience with data-intensive financial software products