At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, who wants to help us raise the bar for Operational Excellence in our bike & scooter share operations.
As the Operations Excellence Manager, youll be responsible for managing end to end operations processes, including definition, stabilization, & optimization. Processes span Service Delivery, Bike & Scooter Hardware, & Station Hardware. As part of end to end process management, your team will be responsible for Quality Assurance audits in the field & in warehouse, both at Lyft managed locations & at our operating partners. In addition, youll regularly coordinate with the Lyft Bike & Scooters product & engineering teams to provide input on serviceability of current & future products that will lead to lower operational & life-cycle costs.
You love solving the toughest operations process problems alongside multiple stakeholder teams, both internal & external. You are detail oriented & a strong communicator. You are a strong people manager, with experience managing managers. You can keep the team engaged & focused through execution. You are not afraid of getting into the details & holding your team accountable, but you can also manage senior level meetings.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Oversee technical communications, bike & scooter maintenance, station hardware maintenance, & service delivery operations
- Manage a team of 4-5 direct reports, with a total of 10-12 team members
- Lead a Quality Assurance Audit program, guiding your team to perform QA audits, deliver QA report findings, & hold field teams accountable to corrective actions
- Coach team members to define, sustain, & optimize processes
- Develop relevant operational excellence KPIs & manage team performance using these KPIs
- Partner with Launch Operations team to stabilize & codify processes supporting new products & new markets
- Partner with engineering to monitor hardware performance; retrofit fleets with new hardware to improve hardware lifecycle & reduce maintenance costs
- Lead your team in being expert resources in process optimization for local field teams - both Lyft teams & third party operators
- Lead the organization in post mortems in order to surface areas of improvement & implement corrective actions
- Partner with senior operations leaders, finance, & product/engineering to support local markets in meeting P&L targets
- Deliver senior leadership updates, & prepare business cases to support decision making
- 8+ years of experience in operations leadership or consulting
- 5+ years of experience leading a team, including 2+ year managing managers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & communicate action plans to cross-functional teams
- Skilled at fostering a culture of feedback & holding team members accountable
- Comfortable presenting to executive leadership
- Experience in any of the following fields a plus:
- Ability to work with remote teams & across times zones
- Ability to travel 20-25% of the time
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.