Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The Secaucus Dream Fulfillment Center is home to an impressive team of hard working people who are values-driven, dynamic, fast-paced, & operations obsessed. The team is comprised of about 400 associates & an incredible leadership team to support across Inbound, Outbound, & Inventory Operations. While the team embodies diversity of thought, everyone is focused on delivering a Cinderella Experience to our customers with every shipment.
About the Job:
The General Manager is responsible for guiding & developing leadership by motivating, mentoring, & coaching. They are responsible for engaging total building across divisions, departments & shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost & quality while ensuring a positive employee experience. As the General Manager, you will be a servant leader: diving in, rolling up your sleeves, supporting the growth & development of the team, & dedication to the success of your team.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for developing & leading a high functioning team that is connected to our company's vision.
- Actively lead with safety, service, quality & cost at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs for the entire building
- Build strong teams & create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Drive strategic labor planning & forecasting across the building ensuring alignment to variable cost plans
- Develop & administer operational procedures, precisely executing activities for shipments, handling & disposition of products, & keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develop & manage effective partnerships throughout all levels of the organization to understand weekly & daily targets & establish & execute clear plans & roadmaps to consistently meet target goals
- Adapt building layout, equipment, shift schedules, & headcount plans to address growth in volume & changing assortment objectives
- Attract & hire top talent--partnering with the People team to develop a strategic vision & talent plan for attracting, hiring & developing talent to meet your orgs talent goals
- Create & promote a culture of continuous improvement & empower associates to propose & implement solutions to decrease costs & improve efficiency
- Be well versed in the order flow process & all systems involved in end to end customer order fulfillment
- Be able to lead teams through complex problems by breaking down problems into clear & actionable items
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain or related field; MBA is a plus
- 8+ years of related experience working in a warehouse, fulfillment center, or quality assurance capacity
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership & employee development
- Experience developing budgets, managing P&L, forecasting staffing needs, analyzing financial/operational data & translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Forward-thinker with sharp analytic skills & the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, & improve processes across the organization
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!