Warby Parker is searching for a motivated Employee Engagement Specialist to help create an amazing environment for our greatest resource: our talent! In this role, youll work within the Talent team to drive company-wide programs that foster our core values. (Think orientation for new hires, outings, events, team off-sites, employee recognition, & overall employee experience.) Well count on you to assume a wide range of responsibilitiesfrom dreaming up new initiatives to overseeing program administrationthat impact the development & retention of everyone on Team Warby. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Keep reading!
What youll do:
- Lead & implement innovative employee engagement programs across the company while keeping our core values top of mind
- Oversee existing employee engagement programs, such as New Hire Orientation, Warby Parker Academy, wellness initiatives, recognition programs, & company-wide outings & events
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to help plan & execute ongoing trainings & Talent Development events (e.g., team off-sites, external Talent Development workshops)
- Support our Retail Leadership team in organizing our annual Retail Leadership Summits
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that employee engagement initiatives are aligned with both individual & team needs
- Regularly monitor & analyze the effectiveness of our programs to create a culture of continuous improvement
Who you are:
- Equipped with 13 years of project management or event planning experience
- An effective, clear, & responsive communicator (in person, over email, via smoke signalyou name it)
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks without letting a single detail slip through the cracks
- A personable & empathetic team player whos comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders
- An energetic & outgoing self-starter
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A problem solver who approaches roadblocks with a positive, innovative attitude
- Passionate about investing in & developing people
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, weve set up headquarters in New York City & Nashville, built our own optical lab, & opened retail locations all around the U.S. & Canada. As we grow, were committed to proving that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in needto date, thats over five million pairs.
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- And more (just ask!)