Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
MailChimps Engineering Systems team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Product, Support & Data Systems teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company & our products forward. We take a pragmatic & practical approach to our technology stacks; we use proven components & build our business logic on top of understood & supported building blocks. We are growing fast & need people who are eager to join us on this journey of learning & advancing our Engineering strategy. Our definite goal is to build a hybrid infrastructure thatll allow us to deal with the needs of today & tomorrow while empowering our customers.
As a part of the Observability Platforms Search Engineering team, youll join us in maintaining, scaling, & improving our real time logging & data pipeline infrastructure. It consists of Kafka, which pushes up to 10 billion events per day, & 80+ Elasticsearch clusters that ingest 1 trillion documents. This data pipeline accounts for the 2nd largest piece of the Mailchimp infrastructure. e We provide our internal & external customers with highly available & approachable data pipelines & discovery tools. Together with the rest of the Observability Platforms, we enable Mailchimps understanding of business-critical processes & support the tools & features that Mailchimps customers use to find & fine-tune their audiences. .
What you'll do here...
- Youll join an amazing team that designs, develops & maintains a scalable data infrastructure
- Automate processes, create tools, & build features that will improve everyone's experience with our data pipeline infrastructure
- Provide guidance to engineers on how they can best utilize the data streaming platform to gain confidence that their services are performing as expected
- Develop, communicate, & enforce standards
- Rethink & migrate the data streaming platform into a hybrid model
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You have an established interest in building & operating large scale distributed systems similar to Elasticsearch
- Youve written APIs, tools, & web app integrations
- Exposure to data modeling, creating visualizations, & dashboarding
- Proficient Linux & networking knowledge
- Experience with Python or GoLang
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Solr, or CrateDB
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (Kafka, Kubernetes, PubSub)
- Ability to utilize automation & orchestration tools to build large scalable systems
- Experience with GCP or AWS
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland & are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.