VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly & daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & a newly launched TV network, VICELAND.
This is a high-impact role that will drive results through spearheading major strategic & operational changes to VICEs digital business. This role will focus on identifying & incubating new strategic opportunities for VICEs digital brands, identifying, modeling, & implementing new business models, & completing in-depth market analyses.
This role will be at the center of VICEs efforts to grow our digital business & deepen our relationships with users by pairing creative strategic insights with practical operational plans. This management position is expected to take full ownership of a set of projects & be accountable for project definition, quality & actionability of recommendations, & process management.
- Provide end-to-end thought leadership on highly complex, visible initiatives with many stakeholders
- Manage an Associate (s) with a strong emphasis on their professional development & growth
- Provide original thought & execution across impactful division-wide strategic & operational initiatives
- Help develop VICE Digitals overall strategy & establish operational plans to achieve it
- Offer ad hoc support & analysis to business leaders within VICE Digital on priority decisions
- Build dynamic excel models to inform ROI analyses & business cases
- Help track against financial & non-financial KPIs, identify shortfalls, & optimize to improve business results
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, with a focus on content leaders
- Perform in-depth competitive landscaping across VICEs domestic & international peer group
- Stay across industry trends & help VICE Digital be proactive as the marketplace evolves
- 7-10 years of experience in management consulting or in digital media
- Expert understanding of digital content strategy & the business models that support them
- Deep knowledge of VICE & the digital media landscape
- A strong proficiency in analytical problem solving, visual & verbal communication, and
simplifying complex ideas into clear & actionable recommendations
- Sound business & operational judgement paired with appreciation for journalism values
- Proficiency in excel, powerpoint, & project management software
- Passion for high quality content & user experiences
- Deep interest in evolving media space & eagerness to develop innovative paths toward success
- Enthusiasm for teamwork & commitment to integrity & honesty
- Ability to thrive in challenging & unstructured environments
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.