Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries.
The Inventory & Operations Analyst sits within our technology data team & serves as an important connection between the business & tech side of our organization. In this role you will work closely with the leaders of our merchandising, planning, finance & supply chain teams to help improve operations, better leverage inventory, & improve the decision-making process through the use of data & information.
Your time would be split evenly between creating dashboards, conducting ad hoc analysis, producing forecasts, & improving our self-service data platform. This role leans very heavily on data analysis & communication skills while fostering a broad perspective on the business as a whole. We are looking for someone with an analytical mind, a great communicator, & a good team player who will integrate well across multiple business units.
- Build & maintain dashboards that give insight into day-to-day operations & inventory positions
- Conduct ad hoc analysis on relevant business questions, culminating in data-enhanced recommendations
- Work closely with our Data Strategist to help clearly define metrics used by the business organization & improve our self service data infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Merchandising & Supply Chain teams to maintain company plans
- Build strong relationships/lines of communication with our Merchandising & Supply Chain team
- Extract & re-define inventory & operations-related data & set up reporting & analysis tools which outline the impact of the current forecast on the balance of the year
- Develop & disseminate business performance & functional dashboards on a daily, weekly & monthly reporting & analysis to Stakeholders/Senior Leaders/Executive Team
- 1-3 years experience in a role that involved regular numerical analysis required (retail, e-commerce or omni-channel is a plus!)
- Bachelors degree in quantitative field required
- Advanced Excel (Index/Match, Pivot Tables, Sumif) required
- Basic SQL (Select Statements, Table Joins, Subqueries) required
- Effective at communicating meaning through quantitative analysis required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills required
- Self-starter & able to manage projects from ideation through completion
- Ability to build & foster productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently while considering the perspectives of multiple simultaneous stakeholders
- Knowledge of Python (or similar programming languages) for data cleaning & statistical analysis preferred
- Understanding of NetSuite or other ERP systems a plus
- Experience with Looker (or similar BI platforms) & predictive modeling preferred
- Experience or interest in Luxury Fashion Industry desirable but not required
Benefits of Joining Moda Operandi:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Currently Work From Home
- Flexible Fridays during Summer
- Pet Insurance discounts
- Mental Health support
- Employee discounts