Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience. We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Highly technical programming position where you will make the future of motion controller technology a reality. Will work on all aspects of our proprietary motion controller technology from bringing data streams through our processing framework, managing the lifecycle of each controller, design/implementation of processing filters, efficiently transporting data streams from hardware to applications, building recording & playback tools, & analyzing data / tweaking algorithms to improve performance. If you are a fast-learner with a positive attitude & a strong passion for working with new technology, come join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Mixed-Reality technologies.
- Development of all aspects of the software pipeline that powers our motion controllers.
- Work across the related teams from hardware & factory to applications & user experience to understand requirements & develop solid interfaces.
- Promote the highest quality software development practices whenever possible.
- Feed motion controller specific learnings back into the design & improvement of our perception processing framework.
- Develop algorithms & models for tracking our unique controller as accurately as possible.
- Solve all engineering problems that are encountered along the way.
- 4+ years of experience with C++ or C programming
- Unusual level of familiarity with multi-threaded systems
- Experience building high performance low latency shared memory communication systems
- Experience with Android build system, Git, Gerrit, etc.
- Experience with professional software development practices (specifically, code review, incremental & unit testing, Agile/Scrum type processes, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- (Bonus) Experience in performance analysis
- (Bonus) Experience with motion controller technologies
- (Bonus) Understanding of 3D transformations & quaternions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- MA/MS in Computer Science or related is a plus
- If you dont meet all these requirements but think youd be a good fit for the role please reach out anyway. Wed love to hear from you.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.