Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
Caspers Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, & announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country & in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Nuts & Bolts:
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life! We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be the Associate Store Manager. You will oversee staff & day-to-day operations alongside the Store Manager. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer-centric & consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management & recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching & investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey & excel in data-driven decision making.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection & relation of our brand & brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep & increase customer awareness.
- Protect & enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights & opportunities to improve brand, product & services are communicated back to the Casper organization.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans & increasing Caspers market penetration rate.
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the manager, including staff scheduling, opening/closing, inventory management, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Recruit, retain & develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking & interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, & mentor a world class service-minded & high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement & learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement & goal achievement.
- Implement & supervise ongoing training & feedback with the team.
- Work with the fleet to build out back of house processes & manage continuous improvements.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, & controlling expense.
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!