Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of Loyalty & Benefitsteam to help design, enhance & build Benefits platformin an agile development environment. You will work withcolleagues, who will support & challenge you daily.You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging building full stack development of REST Service APIs, Back-end Batching applications, & Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional,secure, scalable & resilient real time & batching systems.
- Design & develop highly scalable & fault-tolerant systems using Java, J2EE & open source technologies
- Provide technical documentation of solutions
- Present & communicate solution to both technical & nontechnical stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of data technologies & solutions
- Debugging & providing solutions for complicated issues
- Participate in demos & code reviews
- Multi-task & support multiple teams
- Adhere to & enhance software best practices, standards & processes
- Be an innovative thinker & implement innovative ideas
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field & 5+years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience
- You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST & container based technologies.
- Experience with back-end technologies such as JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX
- Experience with SQL & relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in mind
- Expert in OO design & design patterns
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills
- You have proven experience as a technologistwith ability to understand the requirement anddesign & build the solution.
- You have the passion to understanding people & to always striving to improve our products & services!
- Experience & working knowledge of GIT is a plus
- Working knowledge / experience with test automation tools is a plus
- Experience with the payment industry & technologies is a plus
Conduct requirements gathering with business & developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform & security standards
Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
Identify opportunities for & contribute to improvements in standards, & processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
Working with on-shore & off-shore vendors, internal staff, & system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality & timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively & proactively with stakeholders & articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours & couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This positionrequiresthe incumbent to travel for work0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.