Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The Field Account Manager (FAM) role works with our largest dealer partners & is responsible for post-sale onboarding of dealerships as well as supporting them throughout their customer lifecycle. The FAM role has a strong relationship with both internal (Field Sales Directors) & external (dealer partners) stakeholders. As the primary contact for dealers & dealer groups, FAMs are responsible for providing an effective & communicative support experience along with proactive, consultative feedback to ensure dealers are getting the most out of their subscription. FAMs work closely with Field Sales Directors to drive growth within the existing customer base through renewals, product upgrades, & new product sales.
What You'll Do:
- Manage account base of roughly 350-400 existing field accounts (75-100 groups)
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products (listings, display advertising, SEM, & new product initiatives)
- Complete post-sale onboarding training for new dealerships & dealership personnel
- Provide dealership & group-level performance analysis; identify areas of potential improvement
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, & best practices
- When appropriate, work with customer to follow-up on technical, billing, & content issues
- Advanced cross-departmental collaboration (support, billing, content, product & engineering) to convey key issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization.
- Maintain strong relationships with Field Sales Directors & support the progression of MRR growth opportunities via back-office support, ongoing customer engagement, & leveraging existing relationships to recognize growth opportunities
- deep & wide-ranging relationships with dealership decision makers & staff, increasing our span of influence & the number of CG Champions within the dealership
- Prospect, identify, & qualify up-sell/cross-sell opportunities & renewal candidates to directly support MRR expansion efforts
- Confidently pitch product enhancements, upgrades, & the value proposition of potential expansion opportunities
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of Account Management or Client Services experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational & problem-solving abilities
- Able to adapt to change within a rapidly evolving business environment
- Analytical capacity (data analysis, recognizing performance trends & causation)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Microsoft office experience (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-starter, strong internal motivation
In summary, Field Account Managers will provide ongoing support to maximize the overall level of client satisfaction & minimize customer churn.To ensure the best customer experience, combined with ongoing business requirements, Field Sales Directors will tightly partner with their FAM counterparts to create a seamless spectrum of CarGurus engagement for any customer. From initial onboarding through steady-state proactive & strategic support, FAM will serve as the face of CarGurus to customers throughout the post-sale partnership.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.