Pendo is looking for a Director, Corporate Sales.
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 2x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven & hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. We follow these core values:
- Hit your number
- Work as a team
- Grow & learn
- Be exceptional
- Have fun
As a Director of Corporate Sales you will be responsible for a segment of reps selling into the corporate side of the market across the country. The team will be made up of corporate reps from territories across the company selling into companies of 200 employees or less. You will work to train new reps (many with their first sales role) to build, nurture, & close opportunities. This role will be responsible for consistently hitting a plan & forecasting to that plan. You will work directly with the SDR team to build a pipeline of promotable people. In addition, this role will be closely aligned with Marketing to evaluate MQLs coming to the sales floor & providing a consistent feedback loop. Finally, this role must have a maniacal focus on operational efficiency & a proficiency in documentation. As a Director Corporate Sales you are accountable for creating & executing the plan to hit your teams revenue goal & will enjoy the full assistance of the company to help you be successful. You will be surrounded by a great team of people from whom you can learn, that said, we also want to learn from you. We are looking for people in this role with a technical aptitude, & entrepreneurial spirit, who are intellectually curious & confident.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Project & forecast bookings for Pendo's Corporate market
- Build & execute strategic plan for Pendo's Corporate market
- Assist account executives in oversight & execution of their strategic plans
- Train & grow talent to advance in their careers
- Learn & demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers
- Exhibit reinforce the core values of Pendo & the sales team
- Negotiate contracts
- Assist in pricing conversations
- Participate in recruiting & hiring
- Successfully utilize & train on sales tech tools
Qualifications (what you have):
- Sales management & leadership experience
- Demonstrated consistent track record of hitting goal & numbers
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics
- Previously owned & forecasted a number
- Managed teams in size from 10 to 20 people
- Willingness to learn in a high paced sales environment
- Ability to embrace feedback & hold yourself accountable
- The ability to learn technology basics & apply them to business situations
- Experience growing a SaaS company from single-digit millions in revenue to $20M+
- Bonus: Force Management methodology background
- Bonus: Entrepreneurial background
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees & their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental & vision coverage for all employees & their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches & fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies & balanced snacks
- Frequent company & team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1
What makes Pendo culture special
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.