At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats as analysts, strategists, forecasters & liaisons to Wall Street. Whether its providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower & funding to support OnDecks strategic plan. Were results focused, but love our jobs & are always having fun & we like it that way.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Facilities & Office Experience to help partner with our Team Members to make our office experience productive & exciting. This role will lead a critical effort around enhancing our offices across all three US locations, as well as ensuring that the all aspects of our facilities program are well communicated to our employees.
As the Senior Manager, Facilities & Office Experience, at OnDeck, you will:
- Oversee facilities operations of four locations New York, New York (~300 team members), Denver, Colorado (~250 team members), Arlington, Virginia (~100 team members), & Canada ( ~10 team members); approximately 100K square feet of office space.
- Manage Facilities team ensure resources across locations are aligned to daily facilities objectives (examples include, stocking pantry areas, mail, working with vendors to ensure timely & accurate services & deliveries, & ensuring spaces are in working order & presentable) & special projects (examples include, team breakfasts & happy hours, monthly town-halls).
- Be accountable for build-out & refurbishment of existing space; maintain the relationship with general contractors, project managers & architects; ensure projects are kept to timelines & budgets; assist in the creation of new floor-plan reconfiguring, including space expansion/reconfiguration.
- Create & manage Facilities budget; work with Legal & Finance team on procurement of new vendors & tracking spend versus budget. Identify opportunities to drive productivity & cost optimization within budget.
- Manage relationships with vendors outside of the organization including but not limited to property managers, cleaning services, security, food & beverage vendors, & building maintenance; ensure contracts are accurate & renegotiate on an annual basis.
- Manage floor plans & office capacity maintain accurate records of usage, adjust teams/locations as needed, & work with Finance & People Operations to understand future needs.
- Manage, implement, & oversee requests for all office moves.
- Oversee the facilities emergency response team, develop & communicate protocols, partner with vendors on training, & lead periodic testing programs.
- Own relationships with leasing agents across all sites lead process for subletting and/or expanding space.
- Work with People Operations, Technology, & Executive Administration to execute facilities aspects of team events. Drive communication across offices ensure team members are aware of noteworthy issues, special events & long-term plans (examples include, real-time email communication regarding Facilities Issues, formal communications about emergency protocols, office moves & construction & office signage).
- Be resourceful & proactive around managing space, be flexible to taking on further responsibilities, & take on ad-hoc projects.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years professional experience in Facilities
- Experience with Corporate build-out, refurbishment & construction
- Experience managing a budget
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Ability to understand audiences & tailor communication as appropriate
- Proven relationship builder , with internal & external stakeholders
- Can-do, team-player mentality; focus on customer service & team member experience
- Travel required, approximately 10% of time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel & Outlook
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**