This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants demands shape our development path, & we never stop until the job is done. Were creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We dont do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. Not possible is not in our vocabulary freedom is. This is who we are: honest, direct & always bringing an element of fun into our work. If youre ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Operational Compliance Specialist
The U.S. General Counsels Organization at Adyen is seeking an Operational Compliance Specialist to provide compliance oversight & assistance to Adyens U.S. payments flow lifecycle.
The mission of the U.S. General Counsels Organization is to protect Adyens vision through legal & compliance expertise & strategic advice. This helps our U.S. sales & account management teams to manage risk, identify opportunities, & deliver on Adyens offering of exceptional products & services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry & the interconnectivity between the U.S. General Counsels Organization & the business, we see it as imperative to attract & develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences & opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing & rewarding those who drive & deliver results
- Respecting & valuing diversity, integrity, & personal accountability
What youll do:
This position will play a key role amongst a core group of international compliance professionals accountable for addressing the compliance & regulatory requirements associated with Adyens access to & utilization of card scheme, banking, & industry payments infrastructure. A successful applicant will:
- Be a subject matter expert on Regulation E, Electronic Funds Transfers, Regulation J, FedWire Transfers, NACHA Rules, ACH, & Card Scheme Operating Rules;
- Develop & maintain (i) 2nd Line compliance risk assessments for all operational payment flow processes, conduct annual compliance reviews, & (ii) Oversight Program for Payment Facilitators, Marketplaces, MSBs, & merchants with an ongoing risk concern;
- Demonstrate familiarity with Issuing BIN sponsor compliance including due diligence, monthly monitoring & reporting on BIN sponsor obligations to Issuing program;
- Provide support for U.S. vendor management program. Familiarity with OCC & Federal Reserve 3rdrd Party Risk Management Guidance required.
Who you are:
- You have previous experience in Payment Flow Relationship Compliance (in particular 2ndLine US Scheme Rule compliance & US BIN sponsor relationships), including tracking all changes to scheme rules, tracking merchant violations & monitoring resolutions, participation in oversight audits by relationship partners, Schemes & BIN sponsors, tracking management responses to findings, & undertaking compliance assessment on implementation
- B.A. with concentration in payments, e-wallets, point of sale/e-commerce
- Five years of experience with Major Card Schemes, ClearingHouse, or regulated U.S. bank, including the U.S. operations of a foreign bank, in payments group
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly & synthesize complex issues
- Proven ability to research, interpret, & summarize compliance requirements in easily understood terms; and, determine the regulatory impact of such requirements to business initiatives
- Able to work independently & within a team
- Self-motivated, reliable, adaptable & detail-oriented
- Capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously & meeting deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to interface & develop rapport with regulators
- Able to adhere to theAdyen Formula
- Able to regularly travel domestically & occasionally internationally
Who we are:
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the worlds leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, & consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, & in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos & L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We cant wait to meet you!