Help define & build the next generation of the browser extension platform as a member of the Add-ons Engineering team. The Add-Ons team at Mozilla maintains the parts of Firefox that support browser extensions, which give users a way to customize Firefox. We work with extension authors, users, & other Firefox engineers to enable a variety of extensions while ensuring that Firefox remains safe & fast when extensions are active.
Our team is geographically-distributed, & working with other Firefox teams in the open is the norm. You'll be responsible for solving problems of different sizes & upholding quality standards by writing code, tests, & specifications as well as participating in code reviews. You'll also interact with real users in the community, using their inputalong with prototypes & data from Mozillato file bug reports, inform feature designs, & assist strategic decisions. Most importantly, you'll contribute to making the Web Platform safer, faster, & more robust on the only independent browser dedicated to an open Internet.
As a Firefox Add-ons Engineer here at Mozilla, here's what you'll do:
- Debug & fix problems in Firefox related to the extensions implementation.
- Work with others (both inside & outside of Mozilla) to define new extension capabilities as well as changes to existing ones, with an emphasis on improving safety & performance for end users.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to extend Firefox features & drive standards for web extensions.
We're looking for people who have:
- Experience working with & building APIs
- A solid understanding of the web platform (JS, HTML, CSS, DOM)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to learn & navigate a large & complex multi-language code base
Other things that might make you stand out:
- Experience with browser extensions
- Experience with or knowledge of the internals of browser processing
- Experience developing in C++ and/or Rust
- Experience developing for Android devices
- Experience in software security analysis
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.