Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking Staff Machine Learning Engineers to be key members of the Risk Platform Engineering Team in Bangalore, India. You will be joining one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, with an opportunity to help define our technical & team culture in India. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, can mentor junior engineers & operate highly resilient services. The person in this role will be critical in shaping Twilio's data & intelligence strategy to achieve consumer trust by stopping bad actors & bad communications.
Twilio is looking for a strong machine learning engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of shipping high-quality software. They also have:
- A Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science, statistics, or related field.
- 5+ years of applied ML experience in statistical & mathematical modeling such as supervised & unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning
- You have hands on experience developing, deploying & monitoring a large scale machine learning model in production.
- You are familiar with concepts related to testing & maintaining models in production such as A/B testing, retraining, monitoring model performance
- Youve explored modern data storage, messaging, & processing tools (Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) & demonstrated experience designing & coding in big-data components such as DynamoDB or similar
- You have a deep understanding of frameworks like - PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras, why & how these frameworks do what they do
- Proficiency in Python is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages such as Scala/Java
- Plus: Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Plus: experience in configuration management for deploying, configuring, & managing servers & systems.
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact & multi-talented engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Passion for & demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture & prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE BOLD: Help us take one of the worlds most extensive communication data sets & transform it into leading-edge AI applications & products that solve meaningful customer problems
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating & brainstorming product ideas with product managers, data scientists & engineers
- DONT SETTLE: Experienced working at a massive scale with distributed, scalable systems, including making tradeoffs for consistency/availability
- NO SHENANIGANS: Experience successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
The Consumer Trust Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products & services that protect our customers & help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email & message that is made using our service is wanted, safe & legal. To do this we need to continue to develop & evolve our products & services & ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.