Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
The Director of People Operations is central to Capsules growth across the United States as a pharmacy that works for everyone. You will lead & grow the companys People Operations team, with a laser focus on providing a best-in-class shared operational service to Capsules People team & all of its teammates throughout the company. You will develop, manage, & execute compensation, benefits, & total rewards for our teammates in close partnership with our executive team & People Partner team.
While Capsule HQ is located in New York City & we have a preference for candidates in or around NYC, this role can be located anywhere in the United States.
What Youll Do:
- Build a world-class People Operations team & mentor/coach/grow your team members
- Focus on providing the best possible service to all Capsule teammates to enable their best work - generally via fast (24 hour SLA or better) response times to teammate questions - while building all systems & processes for scale
- Own, manage, & enhance Capsules People team systems, particularly its HRIS & related systems for managing compensation, benefits, & compliance
- Own all benefits relationships & processes, ensuring Capsule teammates have the best possible benefits & experience around benefits - including monitoring utilization & other statistics
- Own all compensation processes & Capsules system & implementation around compensation, including regular updates against market comparables & new best practices
- Lead Capsules efforts toward data-driven People team & workforce management, including building & maintaining all people analytics systems & processes & providing regular reporting on workforce KPIs to Capsules executive team
- Lead Capsules People team software relationships, negotiating existing contracts, sourcing new vendors, & implementing new software as appropriate
- In partnership with Capsules Legal team, own all workforce-related compliance & policy matters, particularly Capsules Employee Handbook in all markets & teammate compliance trainings
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer
- 7+ years of experience in People Operations with a demonstrated track record of driving transformational improvements for People functions & teammates
- 4+ years of experience as a manager & a track record of being a great mentor & hiring great people
- Experience launching & managing HR systems (payroll, benefits, analytics, etc.) from RFP to successful deployment
- Experience building out or enhancing HR analytics to drive improvements in productivity, organization effectiveness, enhance culture, & drive & measure strategic KPIs
- Experience leading a People Ops org in a 1000+ employee growth technology company
- Experience supporting a nationally distributed & non-exempt workforce
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters in HR or MBA is a bonus