Okta is looking for a Staff Quality Engineer. This role operates as a technical, hands-on facilitator in the Quality Organization & is a strategic participant across inter-dependent software/tools development efforts in the Oktas Infrastructure Teams. The ideal candidate cares deeply about efficiency in the software development process & has demonstrated experience leveraging best-of-breed tools & frameworks to deliver complete automated test suites. Test architecture for Oktas Infrastructure & Technical Operations engineering efforts & partner with various groups to drive cross functional initiatives. We strive to make our customers successful by empathizing with end users, customers & partners. We work with them to understand their use cases, then partner with teams to build test strategies & plans to support functional & service requirements. We respond quickly to flakey & expensive tests to minimize impact to our teams that depend on them, working together on automation processes & best practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying & defining strategic & productivity initiatives to improve quality & velocity of the organization
- Partner with dev to define engineering infrastructure components & their use cases with testability requirements
- Express a strong, coherent vision for the execution of automated test scripts & validation of product requirements
- Help developers & quality engineers work together towards a common vision of quality
- Architect the design, modification, development, & implementation of test automation frameworks
- Partner with the Engineering Productivity Team to optimize the CI pipeline & dev experience
- Responsible for improvements to quality of tests & test coverage
- Execute practical application of Agile components (user stories, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Participate in scrum, daily stand-up, sprint & iterative development activities
- Participate in design reviews for tests, feature development, micro-services & reliability
- Extend tool capabilities & integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)*
- 5+ years of software development background
- 5+ years of manual & automation testing experience of n-tier applications
- 5+ years of experience working in an iterative software development lifecycle
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing automation tools, framework, continuous integration & build automation systems
- Expert level hands on experience with automation for microservices, APIs, Selenium Webdriver using Java
- Expert level on any RDBMS & NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience in AWS
- Understanding of scale & performance testing
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, & analytic skills in a multi-tier SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication
*This position requires the ability to access Impact Level 4 (IL4) data, as defined by the Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
- Strong knowledge & understanding of continuous delivery pipelines & tools
- Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
- Experience working in a highly automated enterprise class software environment preferably of scale with thousands of tests going through a gated CI pipeline
- Experience in testing monitoring of distributed, highly available cloud services
- Experience in Java, Ruby & scripting based test methodologies & automation development
- Experience with some of the following technologies & services:
- Linux (RPM or Deb-based distributions)
- Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
- Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet)
- Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education & Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.