See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Account Manager 4 (EST/CST)
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to provide designated technical support engineering to our strategic customers.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager who is going to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers. As a designated technical contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out & look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies & deliver recommendations to make the customers environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm & effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency.
In this role, youll:
- Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analyzing patterns, driving betterments & reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- Comfortable in working with customers developers to troubleshoot use of the Twilio helper libraries.
- Have an inquisitive mind to understand how things work
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, & proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes & procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify & drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting & collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customers shoes & demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Experience in managing dedicated customer accounts.
- Understanding of Telecoms & VOIP including WebRTC & SIP -(Voice)
This role will be remote in the USA, located in Eastern/Central time zones.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $90,320 - $124,190
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.