Away is seeking a Marketing Operations Manager to oversee delivery & strategic management of all projects that touch Brand Marketing. This position will act as a right hand to the VP of Brand Marketing to ensure that projects are developed & measured against strategic priorities, are aligned with the brief, are executed on-brand, & are delivered on-time & on-budget. This role collaborates closely with leads across the entire company, including Creative, Operations, Finance, Web, Product Development & all Marketing teams (and more!). An ideal candidate has a passion for brand, marketing & strategic operationsand is excited by the role that Brand Marketing plays in driving growth & business objectives.
The role reports to the VP of Brand Marketing & is based in our Soho, New York Headquarters.
What youll do:
- Act as a brand champion in all strategic conversations, with peers & senior management
- Be able to stand in for the VP Brand Marketing, when needed, in strategic, cross-functional decisions involving brand
- Own OKRs, strategic planning & budget for Brand Marketingholding teams responsible & accountable for delivery & iteration
- Realize the full picture, evaluating strategy & tactics not in a silo, but as a cohesive unit
- Be the key point of contact on Brand Marketing for all cross-functional (and inter-team) leads in ensuring planning & executional tactics align with strategic objectives for our company & brand to make workflow more seamless & productive
- Act as the first line of feedback for all recommendations, proposals, briefs
- Be comfortable giving feedback to peers & guide teams work based on ROI to brand & business
- Anticipate five steps aheadconsider other team's needs & interdependencies while managing immediate work
- Collaborate closely with project management to ensure that strategic considerations are built into timelines
- Have a pulse on the company & be fluent in departments beyond Brand Marketingyou know what drives our business & how multiple teams impact outcomes
- Own & track relevant KPIs & budget, holding business owners responsible for targets & explaining drivers of their results
Who you are:
- Have 4-6 years of relevant working experience; brand management, project management and/or strategic operations experience preferred
- Customer-obsessedyou understand our customer, our brand, & how the entire marketing organization works together to deliver results
- Are fluent in more than just marketingyou speak the language of all cross-functional teams so they trust you & you can work together to deliver the best recommendation for the business
- Deeply familiar with brand strategy & strategic operationsyou know how to connect the dots to drive business results & brand affinity along the way
- Both analytical & creative as well as strategic & tactical, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to lead conversations with cross-functionals & senior leaders
- Are culturally-aware & naturally curious - you know what other brands are doing
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment - agile & nimble in both leadership & execution
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Love to travel (but that's a given) - willing to travel for work
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people.We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment whereeveryonecan thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com)is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.