Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, & seamless.
Were looking for a Technical Program Manager who will play a key role in coordinating our Search quality & deliver the best Search product to our users. This individual will work with Product Managers, Engineers (both on site & remote), Data Analysts & regional stakeholders to help collect requirements, coordinate feature rollouts, & ensure post-launch support. The right candidate will be an excellent project manager & communicator, able to work on & prioritize multiple work streams, technically able to diagnose & unblock individual efforts, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, & focused squarely on improving Compasss data coverage.
What you will do
- Become an expert in regional search features, which includes the end-to-end user experience, but also the infrastructure needed to deliver it, like data structure, filter configuration, etc.
- Investigate & manage complex breakages & own driving timely resolution
- Help coordinate timelines across multiple product & business teams (e.g. Data, Listings, Search, regional product support, etc.) to deliver changes or resolve bugs
- Help drive the quality of our search product nationally by helping coordinate QA efforts & advocating for necessary roadmap changes to deliver a more reliable experience
- Measure search quality & functional parity to regional competitors, & drive to close gaps
- Proactively develop process & documentation to optimize as necessary
- Communicate timelines, updates, risks & new opportunities to leaders & stakeholders
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck & providing day-to-day coordination
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented & demonstrated ability to follow through on several complex projects simultaneously
- Possessing a get things done attitude & being scrappy to deliver on outcomes
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams
- Experience leading initiatives across functional boundaries
- Interpersonal & relationship building skills within a diverse, cross-functional team
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.