Zola is looking for a strong candidate to join the Accounting team as a Senior Accountant! This role will report into the Senior Director of Financial Reporting.
- Cross-functional liaison between accounting & other departments for process improvements & ad-hoc projects
- Proactively identify & drive improvements on close processes & systems
- Assist with the implementation & testing of internal controls
- Document policies, procedures & workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Perform month-end accounting functions including closing entries
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts & proactively investigate & resolve discrepancies
- Assist with year-end financial statement audit requests
- 4+ years experience in accounting or public/private mix
- CPA (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrated technical knowledge & understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices & regulations including FASB/GAAP
- Strong independent work ethic & ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Highly detail oriented; analytical & ability to handle large amount of data
- E-commerce or retail experience (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & experience with ERP systems
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville & Montreal. Were hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!