Build the programs to help Flexport grow.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $2.2B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. Our SREs are responsible for creating a culture of reliability through the proactive development of services that make our technology teams do their jobs better. We focus on Flexports internally developed, user-facing services & other production systems to ensure that they run smoothly & that we can quickly resolve disruptions.
What youll do:
- Create sustainable systems & services through automation & uplifts.
- Advise product teams in system design, platform management, & capacity planning.
- Design, implement, & maintain resilient deployment capabilities.
- Improve upon change management processes to limit the impact of bad changes, quickly & accurately detect problems, & ensure safe roll-back & recovery.
- Establish & maintain monitoring capabilities that track service availability, capacity, & performance across our production environments.
- Develop SLOs in partnership with product & engineering teams to influence velocity & service reliability.
- Participate in the incident management program & oncall rotations to continuously assess operational state, identify opportunities for improvements that reduce or eliminate toil.
What youll need:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in computing, distributed systems, storage, or networking - preferably with a strong software development background.
- Deep expertise with developer/devops tooling including source code/artifacts management, CI & CD pipelines, & configuration automation with Infrastructure as Code.
- Production-level experience with Kubernetes, & container-based infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with AWS. Experience with Azure & GCP a plus.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, & collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal & communications skills.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific, as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital, & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Are you worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its crucial for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding, & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another, & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program explicitly designed to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.