Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for a talented Backend QA Automation Specialist who will work closely with various teams to ensure our backend services are of the highest quality in functionality & usability. In this position, they will be the point of contact for QA teams as well as the backend development team. They will coordinate test efforts & create testing frameworks for developers & ultimately contribute to process improvements in the backend infrastructure. The chosen candidate will be responsible for organizing QA tasks across operations & development,while also ensuring proper communication channels between the team members.
The Backend QA Automation Specialist that we're looking for must be a quick learner & love thinking outside of the box. They must know how to organize workloads efficiently while actively finding ways to reduce toil.
- Works with backend developers to automate testing, adding new test cases & improve methodologies
- Provides live support for teams related to core features, assist in monitoring performance of newly released features
- Works with development & DevOps to verify daily build health, feature integration & completion during implementation & debugging
- Regularly tests'builds as candidates forQAand Demo submissions
- Assigns bugs in Agile tracker to developers through development cycles
- Works directly with development on known issues & fine-tunes end-user experience
- Reviews existing documentation from a user perspective, improving content as required
- Performsload testing, helping to build automated platform
- Document, communicate & train the developers or other teams on the tools developed
- Performs other tasks needed to support the backend team
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance and/or developing automated / backend solutions
- Minimum 2 years of experience on live projects
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in general & video games in particular
- Experience with Confluence & Jira by understanding administrative actions & processes
- Experience with development best practices such as source control, continuous integration, unit testing & design patterns
- Experience with cloud technology & architecture like AWS or Google Cloud
- Good knowledge of git & CI systems like Gitlab CI Jenkins, travis CI or Github
- Ability to design & write efficient & robust distributed backend applications used on an automated system
- Ability to identify challenges & propose solutions
- Technologies/Platforms: curl/Postman, any form of testing framework & load testing tools like Tsung, JMeter, artillery.io or Locust