Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Provider Operations Associate to join our Virtual Care Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As part of our mission to change healthcare, Oscar offers members access to free, unlimited telehealth services. We work with a dedicated group of telemedicine doctors who provide virtual services exclusively for Oscar members. Our telemedicine features integrate with our members care management resources to promote seamless care coordination. We are currently piloting, & planning to launch at scale on 1/1/2021, a large expansion of our telemedicine offering called Virtual Primary Care. To see more, please read here.
As a Provider Operations Associate, you will help ensure Virtual Primary Care is running smoothly across our regions, identifying points of success & opportunities for improvement. You will work closely with our Provider & Virtual Medical Coordinator teams to identify themes in Virtual Primary Care, particularly challenges, troubleshoot them, & develop new processes to resolve where needed.
You will report into the Manager, Care Delivery Operations
- Be a trusted expert on Virtual Primary Care processes, tools, & key collaborator for our Provider & front line Medical Assistant team; Work closely with them to answer questions & resolve issues
- Synthesize trending takeaways & issues from front-line care, share out with stakeholders, & design new workflows/issues where needed
- Work with & shadow Virtual Primary Care Providers to identify opportunities for greater efficiency or effectiveness
- Identify opportunities to leverage data to inform stakeholders of trending takeaways from pilot, analyze data and/or work with teammates to analyze, & present data in easily digestible manner
- Identify & prioritize solutions to issues. Where needed, present list of strategic opportunities & potential solutions to stakeholder group & facilitate discussions around prioritization
- Design new workflows / processes in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders
- Drive operational implementation & analysis of strategic issues where needed for Virtual Primary Care
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience managing & prioritizing long list of activities
- Excel/Google Sheets Experience
- Demonstrated process improvement qualifications
- 1+ years of project management experience
- 1+ years of experience driving cross-functional initiatives
- 1+ years of consulting experience
- 1+ years of SQL experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.