The Squarespace Incident Response & Analytics team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the automation & experimentation efforts for detection, monitoring, & mitigation across Squarespace-powered systems, to protect our Customers from product & service degradations, incidents & outages.
Our team will overhaul a Business Continuity program to standardize processes & workflows, enforce operational excellence to mitigate risks, collect data insights from incident trends affecting business-critical uptime metrics, prepare & communicate Incident reports for a broad audience from individual contributors to C-suite executives, measure Incident frequency & volume, downtime costs, & reliability threats.
You will evangelize an accountability model for performance, availability & uptime Indicators that help increase resiliency to Incident Response.
This is an opportunity to build real-time KPI dashboards, outlining all business-critical uptime system event signals (i.e. SLAs, SLIs & SLOs) powering the mission to unlock 1 million Monthly Active Sellers. We are a newly minted, recent addition to the Squarespace organization following our public listing, & you will be our team's very first engineering hire!
You will work with a diverse group, including Product Engineering, Infrastructure, Engineering Platform, Data Science, Product Analytics, UX, Product Specialists, Customer Operations, Security, Legal, & Enterprise leaders.
As the first engineer on our team, you will be empowered to construct the foundational layer, including the design, implementation, & maintenance of systems, tools & processes to guide & improve Incident Response at Squarespace.
You will report directly to the Director of Engineering, & will be based in the New York or Portland office.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To...
- Develop incident alerts & response automation, conduct analysis, create health metrics, lead investigations, & provide advisory support. Automate analytical processes such as system & network log analysis to re-assemble & replay incident event history for root cause analysis & impact costs
- Design & conduct tabletop exercises to assure organizational readiness in disaster recovery & business continuity program
- Establish processes & build play-book document catalog & implement longterm strategy around operational responses to incidents, & to protect our customers & Squarespace
Who We're Looking for
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Have 8+ years of demonstrated experience as an engineer in an analytically focused role, bonus if relates to Incident Response
- Proficiency in at least 1 general purpose programming or scripting language
- In-depth technical understanding to assess incident risks & significance across broader tech ecosystem
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch & snacks
- Walk distance from food trucks, green spaces, & an array of cultural offerings
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.