When Brooklinen was founded over five years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. Our goal was to deliver the maximum value to our customers, cutting out anything that didnt add value for them. Over the last five years, weve stayed laser focused on building our ecommerce business to deliver on this, & now its time for the next chapter, physical stores!
As with everything we do here, we applied our testing philosophy & built out our Soho pop-up last year (you can read about thathere)- we learned a ton & were thrilled with the results. On the heels of that experience, we are so excited to launch the very first group of Brooklinen stores, starting in Williamsburg this fall.
Were looking for an incredible store leadership team (Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager) to join us in shaping the experience in our very first store. Youll love this role if youre as obsessed as we are with making peoples homes a happy, comfortable place & leading a team that provides above & beyond customer experiences. This is our first physical location & youll be an integral part of shaping our retail team & strategy going forward.
What youll do:
- Be a true business owner, bringing ideas to the table that will translate ecommerce initiatives flawlessly, drive sales, & provide above & beyond store experiences; keep tabs on inventory levels, sales trends, & promotion performance
- Train & coach the team on our products, textile & interior design knowledge, & our customer experience philosophy; motivate & develop our team & handle any challenges that come your way
- Implement & maintain store processes (scheduling, opening, closing, inventory, customer communications, etc.) that will scale well beyond our first store - always look for ways to work smarter, not harder
- Oversee the visual presentation of the store, ensuring that we're presenting & styling our product in a way that is inspiring & brand-aligned; oversee visual changes as we launch new products & brand stories
- Participate in the development & flawless execution of in-store events & activations
- Act as liaison between our customers, store employees & Brooklinen HQ, sharing customer feedback & new ideas for our brand
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ (Store Manager) / 3+ (Assistant Store Manager) years of management experience in retail store environments (including recruiting, training, coaching)
- Prior experience working in (or managing) the front & back of house - strong mix of customer-facing & operational capabilities
- Someone who is friendly, positive, & truly passionate about the Brooklinen brand & story
- Knowledge and/or passion for interior design & helping customers style their homes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays & weekend shifts
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated.We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, & abilities & cant wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.