VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative & media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore & Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director, LA Operations to help lead the Los Angeles team in a fast-paced & collaborative agency/production environment.
Who are you?
Highly organized, highly motivated, & detail-oriented, self-starter who is passionate about creating a cohesive office environment to drive success of the larger team. Someone who is all about operations, speed, flexibility, adaptability & helping to build Culture in an ever-evolving & growing office space.
The task at hand?
- Oversee Front of House & Day Porter
- Provide consistent onsite support to our teams & ensures a cohesive work environment
- Work closely with leadership & communicate all office related updates
- Manage strategic space planning to accommodate fast company growth
- Build & maintain relationships with Building Management & Service Vendors
- Facilities - Oversee general maintenance & upkeep of the office space, including managing facility services (HVAC, cleaning service, trash removal)
- Coordinate repairs when office appliances/equipment are not working
- Manage building security & access for all employees
- Delegate basic office tasks to the LA Ops team (i.e. catering orders, conference room setup for client meetings, etc..)
- Ensure an accurate Emergency Action Plan is in place
- Monitor all safety equipment (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, AED cases, etc.) & ensure the office is following fire code & other safety requirements
- Oversee inventory of all office supplies & snacks/coffee
- Manage parking needs & adjust as the company grows
- New hire onboarding - work closely with our People & Experience & IT teams to ensure a seamless first week for our new hires.
- Culture Ambassador - Act as lead & liaison between the LA office & our larger team of culture drivers at VaynerX to help build employee morale at an individual & office-wide level through coordination of events, surprises, etc. in the office. This includes creating & managing the culture budget. We are building a community in VMLA & helping ideate, build & implement will be a key part of the role.
- At least 3-4 years of previous experience in office management; retail background is a huge plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communication skills, professional & mature
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to solving problems & establishing creative ideas
- Great organizational skills & ability to multitask in a fast-paced setting
- Strong ability to partner with team leads across the office to address office concerns as needed
- Strong interest in mentorship & development of team members
- Experience in event planning a plus
- Mac & Google Apps experience a plus