We create a safe space for communities to thrive.
OpenWeb (formerly Spot.IM) is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving & engaged communities, reduce toxicity, & increase safety - improving the quality of civil discourse & supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 700 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 & more) & hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City & Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, & Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, & demand more from one another. Were crafting technology that naturally brings people together & fosters healthy discussionso they have more dinner-table talks & less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Lets take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
Responsibilities & Requirements
Our BD team is passionate about bringing new Publishers our innovate & useful products to help save the publishing Industry. Were a collaborative & energetic business development team, focused on helping Publishers grow their business. We are looking for Business Development Executives for our growing BD team based in New York. You will be responsible for educating, consulting, & prospecting new Publishers. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with Publisher via email & phone - quickly establishing trust & rapport.
Director, Business Development - What Youll Get To Do:
- Cultivate & expand professional relationships with Tier-1 media publishers across the globe in order to sell OpenWeb's community engagement software platform & drive the partners revenue base
- Run the full sales life-cycle for your prospective deals from initial call, to product demo, through deal signing. We encourage our team to meet their prospective partners in person & to bring those partners to our office as well!
- Define target markets/verticals, partner with sales operations on lead generation processes & pipelines, & document interactions & follow-ups in Salesforce
- Partner with internal Product, Partner Management, & Monetization teams to develop & introduce new revenue opportunities into the market & pitch white-labeled solutions to prospective partners
- Help to co-define Business Development team processes, goals & KPIs as our growing startup continues to scale
The Skills & Experience You Bring:
- Demonstrated SaaS, ad-tech, or publisher sales experience & a proven track record of achieving annual business development revenue targets
- Ability to navigate complex sales organizations & build world-class business relationships with senior executives in order to execute partner deals
- A thorough knowledge of digital media, advertising technologies & SaaS business models is a major plus
- Solutions selling mindset & approach to relationship building - were here to solve major industry problems with technical solutions
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal & target-oriented executor combined with a team-first mentality - our Business Development team regularly works together as a team to close deals for each other!
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic & unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class & high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, & creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change & strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role & projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, & make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams & upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us! Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWebs Privacy Practice