At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
About the team:
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Build & improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate & test new features
- Youll be designing & building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Grow technically & professionally in a collaborative & inclusive environment with opportunities to learn & share with others
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Mastery of Kotlin + Android frameworks
- Initiate the development of RESTful APIs that are specifically optimized for mobile clients.
- Confidently communicate technical issues with all necessary stakeholders & teams.
- Lead and/or work with others in debugging of the Android mobile application.
- Have extensive experience designing & implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, GraphQL, etc)
- Have experience with relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) & data modeling techniques
- In-depth experience with multithreaded & networked applications
- Have strong organizational ability & can break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detailwhether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers & businesses.
- Continue to advance your skills in using modern mobile development technology in a collaborative setting.
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs
<p style="color: white;">#LI-HS1</p>