Pluralsight Business Development Representatives have the opportunity to align marketing with sales & be the catalyst for new revenue into the pipeline. As a steward of your performance, you realize the dependency the sales team & Pluralsight have on you for this pipeline & are committed to it. You are the future Account Executives & Sales Leaders of Pluralsight & align with our values, behaviors, & performance to take you there.
Who you are committed to being:
- You are accountable for your work
- You are a self-starter who is excited to dive into the work & drive results for the team
- You are driven & motivated to develop your career in sales
- You are organized & committed to excellence
What you'll own:
- Build sales pipeline within specific geographies, market segments and/or campaigns
- Follow-up & develop new business opportunities within all market segments
- Qualify opportunities & transition to Account Executives & Account Managers
- Outbound prospecting to companies via cold calling & email
- Nurture potential opportunities to the point of handoff to further sales motions
- Follow up on inbound leads & campaign inquiries & provide detailed feedback on the success of each campaign to the digital & field marketing groups
- Follow-up on all captured leads from marketing events & activities
- Help develop targeted lists, call strategies, & messaging to drive opportunities in regional areas
- Research target accounts, identify key players, generate interest & develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Manage, track, & report on all activities & results using Salesforce.com
- Learn & maintain in-depth knowledge of the Pluralsight platform
- Capture & report on industry trends & competitive intelligence
- Identify & profile customers in a natural, conversational way (i.e. address, fax number, e-mail address)
Experience you'll need:
- At least one year of experience in Sales Development, Lead Generation, Sales, and/or Marketing
- At least 2 years of experience in Solution-Oriented Selling or Prospecting within B2B environments (Preferred)
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry & management of lead data in a CRM system is required
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- High volume cold-calling experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level decision makers required, both verbal & written.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Positive & energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up & sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; experience with B2B sales is required
- Proficient in using Salesforce.com, LinkedIn
- Have a work hard/play hard mentality & thrive in a start-up environment
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.