ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform
- PokerStars The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Were looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators & those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems & be eager to learn from & educate others. As a Senior Software Engineer working for our Daily Fantasy Sports vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences & products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own & become subject matter experts of areas of product & technology stack & will be the go to person for those areas.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You are a significant & autonomous contributor
- Your work is consistently of high quality
- You solve difficult problems, applying appropriate technologies & best practices
- You work with your team to invent, design & build software that is stable & performant
- You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches & know when it is appropriate to use them & when it is not
- Your solutions are pragmatic
- You consider the legacy of the code you produce & write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand
- You limit the use of short-term workarounds
- You do things with the proper level of complexity the first time (or at least minimise incidental complexity)
- You create flexible software without over-engineering
- You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, & are judicious about introducing dependencies
- You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc)
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- If specialised in frontend, proficient in following:
- Integrating frontend Apps with Analytics systems (e.g. Amplitude).
- Release process of native apps on AppStore & web apps on production systems.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures & algorithms.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure & technologies, preferablyAWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), & orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, & drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence & best practices.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.