As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
As part of the Vox Media Experiential Team you will work across many different custom advertiser events & tent-pole events including, but not limited to Code Conference, Vulture Festival, Sundance Film Festival, How I Get It Done events, Pivot Schooled & new franchises under development.
What Were Looking For:
A self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment. A creative thinker who can develop & execute experiential concepts & activations that meet our brand & clients goalsconcepts that become next-level impactful moments.
What Youll Do:
- Maintain valuable client relationships & marketing partnerships for the benefit of the organization with current & future partners
- Manage the ideation & execution of a large range of B2B & B2C Vox Media experiential programs including: large-scale festivals & conferences, franchises, editorial events/activations & custom advertiser experiences
- Manage production, logistics & execution of key experiential & activation elements for marketing partnerships including Tribeca Film Festival, Neuehouse, Sundance Film Festival, The Whitney Museum, Frieze Art Fair & more as they develop
- Participate in the development of new strategic marketing opportunities & support brand strategy team in maintaining & growing partnership opportunities based on advertising goals & key internal priorities
- Manage partner relationships from initial outreach to execution, packaging & taking to market
- Support brand strategy team on the production & execution of marketing events, webinars & road shows as needed
- Participate in internal brainstorms & concept development for RFPs, RFIs & proactive pitches & bring big creative thinking, writing & visual presentation skills to each proposal & pitch
- Manage proposals from initial concept, ideation & pitch through to execution & recap development for a range of experiences on behalf of varied networks
- Participate directly with clients on calls & in meetings to ensure event concepts & proposals are delivered, production is on track, & clients expectations & goals are met
- Manage event production elements including P&L development & budget tracking, production schedules & timelines, venue and/or platform management, on-site/virtual branding elements, food & beverage, talent booking/prep, guest engagement & sponsor activations
- Work closely with marketing & promotion lead, insights/data teams & design on strategy & timeline to create targeted guest list & ensure strong attendance for select events & activations
- Research industry standards & partnership opportunity, trends, event concepts (both virtual & in-person), & monitor competitive brands' events to ensure Vox Media remains on trend & innovative within the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor.
What You'll Bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media & familiarity with our brands
- 4+ years experience working on brand partnerships & event production, in-person & virtually
- Strong understanding & interest in current events, pop-culture, trends & innovations with the ability to translate that knowledge into experiences & revenue-driving opportunities
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & juggle multiple projects at once while paying close attention to timelines & details
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong skill set to come up with creative/out-of-the-box concepts, build proposals, & execute when they sell through
- An entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated success in managing projects from concept development to execution
- Ability to collaborate across multiple groups & understand the value of working as a team
Bonus Points For:
- Real life examples of your creative concept skills
- Understanding of the media sales process & sponsorship pricing/packaging strategy
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.