Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About This Role
In this role, you will work with a group of engineers, data analysts, designers & user researchers to build & maintain the Compass agent data & commissions platform. This team is responsible for all databases, systems & services tied to agents contracts with Compass, the real estate transactions they participate in, & the commissions payments that must be processed & issued as a result. Paying our agents accurately & on time is a top priority, with executive-level visibility. You will help build & maintain systems that are both critical to our business, & highly complex by nature of contract variability, regional nuance, & interrelated operational processes.
- Develop the vision & product roadmap for agent data & commissions platform, including multiple databases, backend services, & internal tools
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders to understand regional differences & process requirements
- Drive payment accuracy & underlying system data quality, creating instrumentation & processes to both measure & improve
- Set ambitious goals, & measure & quantify impact on a regular basis
- Champion & build a culture of data informed decision making
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 5+ years of product management or related experience in backend & data products
- Experience building internal tools & working with operations teams is a plus
- Proven ability to lead teams & work cross-functionally with technical & non-technical team members
- Familiarity with big data technologies (such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark & Redshift), relational databases & data products generally
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Ability to thrive & adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth & rapidly changing environment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.