WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Bark is looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to support our CEO & our mission of making all dogs happy. This role could be based in Seattle or NYC & reports directly to the CEO. Our ideal candidate will be a problem solver who anticipates needs & has strong experience working with executive teams in fast-paced environments. Oh, & if you dont miss a beat when a Great Dane crashes your Zoom call, thats a plus.
Our strongest team members always have a backup plan, act like owners, & put our customers (dogs of course) first. Our ideal candidate will also have strong organizational skills, extremely detail oriented, be confident operating independently, & navigate sensitive information with excellent judgment & discretion. The ability to adapt to shifting workloads & be flexible is key.
This position requires the ability to learn the organization & functions quickly, understand interdependencies, & to build strong working relationships throughout all functions. Excellent communication across the organization & with external stakeholders is a must. Experience parsing competing priorities & managing time effectively will be critical.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEOs ability to effectively lead the organization
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the company & any issues to ensure CEO is up to date
- Collaborate with the executive team to ensure strong communication across leadership
- Act as a liaison & provide support to the Board of Directors
- Calendar management, scheduling, & prioritization
- Travel planning & coordination
- Special projects as assigned
- 4+ years of experience supporting executives in an executive assistant capacity
- Experience operating in a start-up or other fast paced environment
- Experience using G-Suite & Microsoft Office
- Experience in adapting to new technologies & software quickly & easily
- Experience in assisting with large scale intra-company event management
- Calendar management & travel coordination, both nationally & internationally
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Able to operate with discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work on a high volume of tasks with only minimal guidance or supervision (basically a multi-tasking whiz).
- Organized, detail-oriented, & quick to correct mistakes
- Team player comfortable building effective working relationships across & outside the organization
- Comfortable balancing competing priorities independently
- A great work ethic with a flexible, positive, get-it-done attitude
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities easily & quickly, & work in an ambiguous environment
- Strong sense of humor
- Must love dogs
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.