Your unmatched fashion knowledge & keen attention to detail make you an amazing fit for the Authenticator position. With a strong desire to learn & innovate, we will help continually keep you up to date on new fashion industry trends, authentication methods, & general luxury product knowledge. You thrive in a high volume, goal oriented environment & your nimbleness makes you a leader among your peers.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Authenticate luxury products by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, hallmarks, etc.)
- Evaluate the quality of materials & construction of consigned luxury goods for authentication identification
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition & acceptance standards (Quality Control)
- Write informative product descriptions using industry-standard fashion terms
- Price merchandise based on retail value, condition, & style
- Provide pertinent product information such as measurements & fabrication (data entry)
- Ensure monthly goals are met while upholding the highest company authentication standards
What You Bring To The Role
- Strong fashion knowledge Top designers & brands, current trends, garment construction, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer & data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & high volume environment
- Able to regularly lift up to 20 lbs
- Excellent organizational & time management skills & acute attention to detail
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration
- Passionate about continuous learning & comfortable in conducting independent research
- Strong business acumen & ability to align work with company goals
- College degree in fashion studies/merchandising, textiles studies, etc. (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion experience (retail included)
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3731