As a Content Localization Specialist, you will undertake several projects to improve the quality of German content presented to Squarespace users. You will work directly with the Product Business Development team, will be passionate about languages & cultures, & strive to give our users a native experience across all platforms. In this position you will primarily liaise with colleagues in Dublin, Ireland & New York, USA.
This role will report to the Content Localization Manager & be based from home in Germany.
Squarespace works with a selected Third Party Employment Service (TPES), who will act as the official employer of record & will manage all compliance & payroll activities locally. Squarespace adheres, to the extent of its ability to, all statutory ethical & legal recruitment standards & principles.
Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Improve the quality of German content & review in context (Linguistic QA)
- Research industry-specific terminology to improve our glossary
- Review language feedback from Squarespace users & employees
- Implement SEO improvements
- Update voice & style guides
- German native speaker with English fluency, who has experience with business English
- Degree in a relevant field (German language, Journalism, Linguistics) or vocational training (fremdsprachenkorrespondent) with expertise in the German culture
- 3 years of hands-on content localization experience both in web content & marketing content
- Time management skills, ability to multitask, highly organised, motivated to contribute & collaborate with the Content Localization team & cross-functionally throughout the company
- Passion for translations, peoples, & languages
- Experience with online translation software & ticketing systems (Smartling & JIRA a plus)
- Creative mind, attention to detail
- Interest in building a technical skill set in HTML & Markdown -- prior knowledge of either a plus, but not required
- SEO & content strategy skills a plus
- Availability to engage on a contract for 1 year
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.