Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
As a global payment system, Visa maintains global Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) & Sanctions Programs, established under formalised policies & procedures. This position is the subject matter expert role for AML, ATF & Sanctions related activities & will oversee & ensure effective execution of those activities across the European region. The position is critical in sustaining Visa's ethical culture & global Compliance Program.
Based in London the role reports to the AML Lead with strong lines of communication & reporting to Director of Regulatory Compliance.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Coordinate closely with Regional Compliance Officers, Account Executives & Product teams to ensure necessary client due diligence, product & case information is requested, received & assessed in a timely & quality manner
- Handle follow-up queries on information received with Account Executives & client contacts
- Administer non-compliance measures if required
- Ensure appropriate application of client, country & product risk ratings & ensure that accurate records are maintained
- Monitor clients & provide timely assessments of any change in a client's AML/ATF risk profile
- Provide subject matter expertise, training & outreach to Regional Compliance Officers, Country Managers, Account Executives & Product teams in order to continually educate staff on AML/ATF & sanctions risks, issues & processes
- Participate in the management & ongoing enhancement & development of the Global AML/ATF & Sanctions policies & procedures as necessary to ensure changes in the regulatory & the business environment are addresses
- Participate in the enhancement & development of global systems in support of AML, ATF & Sanctions Program implementation
- Participate in, & lead when required, AML/ATF & Sanctions team meetings
- Promptly & accurately prepare & deliver scheduled AML/ATF reporting on Program & workload status & highlight emerging issues. Prepare ad-hoc reports & presentations as required
- Communicate urgent AML, ATF or Sanctions concerns to the Regional Compliance Leader & Global AML Leads on a timely basis & escalate issues as appropriate
- Proactively identify & evaluate emerging regulatory trends & laws in markets of operation
- Coordinate with Regional Compliance Officers & Legal contacts to ensure adherence with obligations identified in emerging laws & regulations & to respond to any formal inquiries from local regulators.
- Maintain a repository of AML, ATF & Sanctions obligations for all European countries
- Support internal audits & regulatory requests, ensure satisfactory resolution of any audit findings & recommendations
- Present information & discuss Visa's AML, ATF & Sanctions Programs & industry best practices to clients & partners
What we're after?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Professional AML/ATF accreditation required
- Significant experience in management of AML/ATF & Sanctions programs & controls within the financial services industry
- Sound knowledge on AML/ATF typologies & exposure to transaction monitoring applications/systems
- Good understanding of core pillars of effective AML/ATF & Sanctions programs & appropriate legislation
- Good knowledge of industry products, regulations & related AML/ATF trends
- Highly analytical & self-motivated, adept at working independently & in a dispersed team environment covering multiple & varied tasks
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels of the organization
- Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing
- Corporate experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects in a complex matrix business & operational environments
- Intuitive, highly ethical & comfortable to question & challenge when required
- Ability to multi-task & able to work with minimal supervision
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.